There is no content to display.
I am an internationally certified Business and Lifestyle coach who helps women get out of self-help jail and into the freedom of action. My clients are ambitious women who want a thriving business and a great life but right now – it’s a juggle that just isn’t fun and they need support with a plan of what and how to do that next thing to project them forward.
I help them create a plan for a that has them consistently showing up with purpose so that they can grow their businesses while also focussing on the “life”style and creating self-care and mindset practices that support this. My “Freedom of Action” Methodology is a simplified approach to gain real results.
Through my individual programs and free resources, my mission is to for you to do just that… To create or build your business that allows you the freedom of a lifestyle.
Who am I really ?
I am a wife, step-mother, sister, daughter and a friend. I know how it feels to be stuck in a cycle of personal development that has you taking no action. To feel like you still don’t know enough to get your perfect self out to the world. To feel so stressed out and chaotic that you feel like your next purchase is going to be a course in how to have fun. And I also know what it feels like to be on the other side where you get out of self-help jail and into freedom of action and then realise you are finally living your life and business on your terms!
I dream of a time where women stop judging themselves and realise that the greatest tragedy is them getting caught in the overwhelm cycle and not sharing their magic with the world!
I am like you, I have a story and it is what has lead me to be the coach I am today..
My story…the abridged version
I managed at the ripe old age of …well let’s just say I am still under 40…two successful careers because after all doesn’t everybody need a midlife crisis at 25? I nailed responsibility aka stress at a young age managing multiple departments in property development to then renounce that and land myself to become an expert in the land of remote resorts. I still felt that I was constantly waiting for the “next big thing” to make me feel happy and fulfilled.
I spaced out that over a 10 year period on that stress scale that always comes up that I had ticked a few boxes twice over (plane crashes, fire, floods, death, cyclones – you name it). Honestley I was so stressed I couldn’t even enjoy the most important things in life.
Because I promised the abridged version… I became a sick and was not very nice person to be around!
It took me a few years of self-help and e-courses but finally I realised that this just wasn’t living and if I continued I was NEVER going to be happy and it was time to take drastic action.
I took some time out to step-away and focus on what I truly wanted and during this time my husband and I travelled through Asia. I tossed up the ideas of becoming a counsellor, fashion design and I think at one stage I was even going to go sail the world (pretty ironic given I get sea sick) and then I discovered the idea of helping other women through the medium of coaching – It clicked. This is what I was meant to do.
Action came to me then in the form of focussed education, implementation, experience and boundaries…
I started to notice my anxiety, stress and general overwhelm reduced and instead of listening to all the should’s I decided to work out what I could.
And what I can do using all of my strengths in both education and life allows me to help other women get our of self-help jail and into the “Freedom of Action”.
I now work with the most inspiring women who are mostly early stage entrepreneurs helping them get create plans and strategies so that they can have both lives and businesses that they love.
I’ve learned to feel joy again, I’ve learned how to get out of the self-help aisle and into action.
If you are interested in how you can do the same for yourself, click the ‘work with me’ tab or “get started” below to learn more.
Want to know more? – click here to learn more.
If you are ready – click here to get started.
If you are still not convinced – click here to read what others say
TEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
- As a kid I was obsessed with boxers – hello Muhammad Ali and Rocky…I had my mum make me a dressing gown with a hood on it so I could run around re-enacting Rocky practicing my shadow boxing and skipping to eye of the tiger. The fighting spirit started early…
- I play the piano… I studied for years and got distinctions and all the rest. The most heartbreaking thing about my time playing the piano was the singing. To complete your exams for piano you have to sing notes. It was much to my horror my piano teacher announced quite clearly that I could not sing a note in tune – good bye child hood dreams of being the next Kylie Minogue.
- I have webbed toes. My second and third toe are joined about half way and I cannot swim faster.
- When I first met my husband his love of country music used to drive me so crazy I literally questioned whether we could continue and now I sort of like it too (just don’t tell him).
- I’ve never eaten a chico roll which I am told as an Australian this is somewhat of a mean feat.
- I love pink – I was once asked what colour scooter would I like for my work and I cheekily responded pink. Can you just imagine how excited I was when I got a pink scooter. It then became a daily challenge to coordinate my outfits to my pink scooter.
- I am a walking contradiction of being obsessed with low-tox eating but unable to give up high-tox champagne.
- For three & a half years my husband and I were the managers and lived in a place called XXXX Island. An island for beer drinkers and seen in the media as the ultimate destination for a “blokes only” get away. It truly was a once in a lifetime experience that I will treasure forever.
- I have lived through not just one but 2 category 5 cyclones, mass floods and fire whilst living on small islands in the Barrier Reef – crisis management anyone?
- I am addicted to buying all of the latest exercise trends on the market. My husband has warned me if the latest purchase ends up as a clothes hanger or dust collector I am banned from purchasing for evermore.
THE OFFICIAL BIO
AKA The Write-About-Yourself-In-The-Third-Person Version
Melanie is an Internationally Certified Business and Lifestyle Coach and Entrepreneur, committed to helping women create balanced, purposeful strategies to achieve their goals with her signature “Freedom of Action” methodology.
Using her skills of coaching, business mentoring and life experience she supports ambitious women to help them create a life and business without
procrastination, chaos (aka stress) and overwhelm.
Melanie Wheatley is a introverted extrovert, former stress addict and a power-house for purposeful action. She has coordinated the aftermath of plane crashes, mass evacuations due to floods, fire and cyclones. Quite literally if you want to see something done and done well she will make it happen. It’s these skills that transfer to make her a source of knowledge and inspiration for her clients.
When she’s not writing about herself in third person, you can find her spending too much time on Instagram planning her next holiday. Outside of that she will be chatting to her friends while enjoying a glass of bubbles or dancing as if she is a rock star in her own office with a hairbrush as the microphone. Check out her stories, tips, inspiration on business and life at www.melaniewheatley.com
(You know you want to and you’ll be glad you did.)