There is no content to display.
Hey there, I’m Melanie;
A Business and Lifestyle coach, Entrepreneur, Writer, Speaker, a born organiser & a whole lot of fun!
I help coaches, creatives and entrepreneurs to create a plan that has them consistently showing up with purpose. My mission is to help them grow their businesses while also focussing on the “life”style by creating self-care and mindset practices to support their business AND them.
My clients are ambitious and are trying to build their businesses while they juggle this thing called life. The thing is sometimes they let the personal development books and comparison game be their A-GAME and they forget their purpose. I help them discover the beautiful concept and forgiveness that is the “Freedom of Action”.
Through my individual programs and free resources, my mission is to for you to do just that… To create or build your business that allows you the freedom of a lifestyle.
Who am I really ?
I am a wife, step-mother, sister, daughter and a friend. I am a believer of “experiences”, a lover of beautiful food (current jam – Thai and Mexican), a beautiful contradiction of manners and “polite” speech that is easily forgotten when I get excited and swear like a trucker.
I started my business with a strong desire for freedom and lifestyle along the way I have learned, boy have I learned.
I’m not perfect, I still make mistakes but I tell you what…life and my stress levels are definitely a lot different from where they were when I started this adventure. I dream of a time where women get brave and live with courage to live the life that lights them up. I want them to realise that they are worth investing in and the greatest tragedy alone is doing nothing and not sharing their magic with the world!
You know what though, I am going to take a bet that I was a lot like you at some point – we all have “stories”. Stories are those things that we can either choose to keep us where we are OR use them to motivate us forward – what do you choose?
My story…the abridged version
I managed at the ripe old age of …well let’s just say I am still under 40…two successful careers because after all doesn’t everybody need a midlife crisis at 25? I nailed responsibility aka stress at a young age managing multiple departments in property development to then renounce that and land myself to become an expert in the land of remote resorts. I still felt that I was constantly waiting for the “next big thing” to make me feel happy and fulfilled.
I spaced out that over a 10 year period on that stress scale that always comes up that I had ticked a few boxes twice over (plane crashes, fire, floods, death, cyclones – you name it). Honestly I was so stressed I couldn’t even enjoy the most important things in life.
I was really good at making things happen and organising my way out of any natural disaster but what I wasn’t really good at was looking after me.
Then it dawned on me – what would happen if I started to take things less seriously and started “playing” more? What would happen if I could create a life using all of my management, training, and organisational skills and blend them with devoting and teaching the importance of a balanced lifestyle?
I took a huge time out with my husband and as we travelled through Asia I began what was the long process of learning the skill of coaching. I had tossed up the ideas of fashion design and I think at one stage I was even going to go sail the world (pretty ironic given I get sea sick) but it was the joy I got from my coaching combined with this newly designed life where – it clicked. This is what I was meant to do.
I started to notice my elevated anxiety, ptsd and stress levels in general reduced and instead of listening to all the should’s I decided to work out what I could. I learned gentle and I learned kindness to myself.
I now work with the most inspiring women who are coaches, creatives and entrepreneurs helping them get create plans and strategies so that they can have both lives and businesses that they love.
I’ve learned to feel joy again, I’ve learned how to get out of the self-help aisle and into action.
If you are interested in how you can do the same for yourself, click the ‘work with me’ tab or “get started” below to learn more.
Want to find out how you can work with me? – click here to learn more.
If you are ready – click here to get started.
If you are still not convinced – click here to read what others say
TEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME
- As a kid I was obsessed with boxers – hello Muhammad Ali and Rocky…I had my mum make me a dressing gown with a hood on it so I could run around re-enacting Rocky practicing my shadow boxing and skipping to eye of the tiger. The fighting spirit started early…
LESSON – embracing both strong and soft is a combination we can all master.
- I play the piano… I studied for years and got distinctions and all the rest. The most heartbreaking thing about my time playing the piano was the singing. To complete your exams for piano you have to sing notes. It was much to my horror my piano teacher announced quite clearly that I could not sing a note in tune – good bye child hood dreams of being the next Kylie Minogue and hello to annoying those within earshot as it still happens regularly.
LESSON – keep doing what makes you happy.
- I have webbed toes. My second and third toe are joined about half way and I cannot swim faster.
LESSON – be proud of your unique things – its what makes you who you are.
- When I first met my husband his love of country music used to drive me so crazy I literally questioned whether we could continue and now I sort of like it too (just don’t tell him).
LESSON – embrace learning and accepting others likes and interests.
- I’ve never eaten a chico roll which I am told as an Australian this is somewhat of a mean feat.
LESSON – don’t do something just because everyone else does – run your own damn race.
- I love pink – I was once asked what colour scooter would I like for my work and I cheekily responded pink. Can you just imagine how excited I was when I got a pink scooter. It then became a daily challenge to coordinate my outfits to my pink scooter.
LESSON – refer point one.
- I am a walking contradiction of being obsessed with low-tox eating but unable to give up high-tox champagne.
LESSON – Life is better when I embrace the yin and yang dualities it has to offer.
- For three & a half years my husband and I were the managers and lived in a place called XXXX Island. An island for beer drinkers and seen in the media as the ultimate destination for a “blokes only” get away. It truly was a once in a lifetime experience that I will treasure forever.
LESSON – you need a little bit of crazy to have fun.
- I have lived through not just one but 2 category 5 cyclones, mass floods and fire whilst living on small islands in the Barrier Reef – crisis management anyone?
LESSON – breaking things down and simplifying will see you out of any crisis.
- I am addicted to buying all of the latest exercise trends on the market. My husband has warned me if the latest purchase ends up as a clothes hanger or dust collector I am banned from purchasing for evermore.
LESSON – Put the credit card down and head out in that thing called nature.
THE OFFICIAL BIO
AKA The Write-About-Yourself-In-The-Third-Person Version
Melanie is an Internationally Certified Business and Lifestyle Coach, Entrepreneur, Writer & Speaker committed to helping coaches, creatives and entrepreneurs create balanced, purposeful plans to grow their businesses. She looks at their businesses and life in a holistic manner focussing on both the practical strategy but also putting high importance on the inner-work and creating self-care and mindset practices to support.
Using her extensive skills of coaching, business mentoring and life experience she supports ambitious women to help them create a life and business without
procrastination & chaos (aka stress).
Melanie Wheatley is a introverted extrovert, former stress addict and a power-house for purposeful action. She has coordinated the aftermath of plane crashes, mass evacuations due to floods, fire and cyclones. Quite literally if you want to see something done and done well she will make it happen. It’s these skills that transfer to make her a source of knowledge and inspiration for her clients.
When she’s not writing about herself in third person, you can find her spending too much time on Instagram planning her next holiday. Outside of that she will be chatting to her friends while enjoying a glass of bubbles or dancing as if she is a rock star in her own office with a hairbrush as the microphone. Check out her stories, tips, inspiration on business and life at www.melaniewheatley.com
(You know you want to and you’ll be glad you did.)